Delicious breakfasts at Pimpernel House
We are very proud of our breakfasts, and our guests certainly seem to enjoy them judging by the clean plates that come back to the kitchen.
Our breakfast menu includes a selection of starters:
- Fruit juice
- Cereals & muesli
- Fresh fruit salad
- Natural Greek yoghurt and a selection of fruit yoghurts
Full English breakfast
We also offer a traditional Full English breakfast to satisfy even the heartiest appetite:
- Grilled dry-cured back bacon sourced from local Sussex and Surrey Butchers (ask if you’d prefer crispy streaky bacon)
- Award winning pork chipolata sausages (sourced from local Sussex and Surrey Butchers)
- Pan fried mushrooms and tomatoes
- Pan fried traditional black pudding (needs to be pre-ordered. Sourced from local Sussex and Surrey Butchers)
- Fried bread
- 2 Fried eggs (free range and sourced from local farms)
Other cooked breakfasts:
If there is something else that you prefer, we can also offer the following:
- Half English - everything on the Full English but just half the portions!
- 'Eggs Pimpernel' - our version of Eggs Benedict - 2 poached eggs on a toasted English Muffin with bacon and/or mushrooms, with hollandaise sauce
- Creamy scrambled eggs with or without smoked salmon
- Your choice of eggs (omelette, scrambled, poached or fried)
- Your choice of any of the individual elements of the Full English
- Boiled eggs with toast 'soldiers'
We pride ourselves on sourcing fresh ingredients from local sources. We make home-baked bread and also offer a selection of artisan breads from local bakers, The Hungry Guest; these include:
- Crusty white - Sussex White - White Split Tin
- Wholemeal - St Mary's Seeded Wholemeal - Petworth Wholemeal
- 5-seed Sourdough
- Crusty Sour dough
- Light Integrale
Mini warm croissants
Croissants and toast are served with:
Fair Trade pot of tea or cafetiere of coffee
Please note that some of our breakfasts may include regulated allergens. If you have an allergy or are concerned, please ask for detailed allergen information.