Local events in West Sussex
Pimpernel House Bed & Breakfast in Wisborough Green provides an ideal base for exploring the new South Downs National Park and offers unbeatable accommodation for people who are planning to attend one of the many special events in the area.
Local events include:
- Glorious Goodwood and other Horse Racing meetings throughout the season
- Festival of Speed - Goodwood's celebration of the car and other vehicles that take us faster and faster
- Revival Meeting - go back in time, dress up and experience racing, fashion, and life from a bygone era
- Cowdray Park Polo events - see the sport of the rich and famous and mix with celebrities and royalty
- Wisborough Green's own World Championship Lawn Mower Race - an overnmight 12 hour race that is unique and totally barmy!
- Annual charity Balloon Festival - watch in wonder or take a ride for charity as dozens of hot-air balloons take off from the Village Green and float off into the Sussex countryside (weather permitting of course)
You may be attending a family party, wedding or celebration in the area or wanting a base to explore the many wonderful towns and tourist attractions within reach including:
- Chichester, with its world renowned Festival Theatre, pedestrianised shopping centre, and beautiful Chichester Harbour
- Guildford, with its cobbled high street and Yvonne Arnaud Theatre
- Petworth with its multitude of antique shops - everything you'd like and nothing you need - as well as unusual individual shops, good pubs and restaurants, and The Hungry Guest who are a local artisan bakery where we source the bread served at breakfast
- The historic Petworth House and wonderful walks and scenery in Petworth Park with free entrance to National Trust members
- The stunning Cass Sculpture Foundation at Goodwood, where you walk through acres of woodland and come across amazing and stimulating sculpture installations round every few trees
- A splendid selection of beautiful National Trust properties such as Uppark, Hinton Ampner, Mottisfont, Nymans, and even Bodium Castle a little further away
- Arundel Castle and cricket ground
- Wisborough Green's own award-winning family attraction Fishers Farm with fun for all the family and an annual pantomime in their little theatre every Christmas
- Wakehurst Place (Botantical Gardens and Millennium Seed Bank) and the RHS Wisley gardens
Time to relax at Pimpernel House Bed & Breakfast
After an action-packed day, unwind with a refreshing drink in one of the welcoming establishments in Wisborough Green before returning to your comfortable home away from home at Pimpernel House Bed & Breakfast.
The guest lounge is yours to enjoy and although we are not licensed to supply alcohol, you are welcome to bring your own bottle of wine and we'll provide the glasses.
Whatever your passion, you can rest assured there is something for you within reach of our West Sussex bed and breakfast. Contact Phil and Sandra today on Click to call to book your stay.